Former West Africa Football Academy. (WAFA) and national team goal poacher, Daniel Lomotey has provided an assist in a vital away match against ASO CHLEF of Algeria.
The Ghana star and WAFA goal poacher, has provided an assist to secure a vital away draw as EF SETIF is chancing and leading the Algeria league table.
Daniel Lomotey assist, gave MERBAH MISSALA assist to level for EL SETIF as they drew 1-1 in an away crucial decider draw.
“Yes it’s okay, and am very happy for my assist, its being a long time as everyone is expecting goals as I used to score for Ghana and WAFA. As I said earlier on am still adapting to their system of play and gradually am coming use to their style of play and am happy I have assisted in that crucial and away draw. And am expecting the goals to flow soon,” Lomotey said in an interview.
Daniel Lomotey who was leading the Ghana premier league goal scorer with nine goals before moving to ES SETIF of Algeria earlier this year is very optimistic will break the North Africa goal scoring record.
Lomotey before his transfer to EL Setif of Algeria has made the following records:
1. First to score a hat trick in the 20/21 league season
2. He Daniel Lomotey scored the 400th goal in the Ghana premier league season
3. Scored seven goals in seven goal in the Ghana premier league 20/21 season
4. Scored four (4) goals in a single match in the Ghana Premier League 20/21 season
5. Daniel Lomotey was the youngest player at age sixteen (16) to score against both Accra Hearts Of Oak and Kumasi Asante Kotoko.
6. Scored the only two(2) goals at the under 20 Africa youth tournament at Niger for Ghana
7. Played for all the national youth teams in Ghana including the national local Black stars of Ghana.
“I know everyone is expecting a lot from me at EL SETIF, am sure the goals will come very soon my aim is to assist ES SETIF to win the Algerian league in 2021,” Lomotey assured.
“My aim is to play and scored as to catch the eye of the Ghana Black Stars coach CK Akunnor, my aim is to don the Ghana Black stars of Ghana jersey,” he prayed.
Credit: Dennis Narterh Adzigodi