Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Soccer

Juventus snubbed Man Utd ‘offer’ after Cristiano Ronaldo’s transfer completed

Juventus turned down the chance to sign Edinson Cavani from Manchester United shortly after Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure.

The Italian club allowed the Portuguese star to exit the club for £19.6m after it became clear he wanted to leave.

It left them light of a forward and they eventually signed Moise Kean from Everton.

But the Bianconeri also could’ve added Cavani, despite him recently signing a new one year deal at Old Trafford.

The Uruguayan moved to United last summer and proved to be a big hit, but questions have been asked about his game time going forward now Ronaldo has joined.

According to Calciomercato Cavani was offered to Juventus and Barcelona.

Allegri also addressed the recent defeat at Empoli, adding: “The lads had started strong, they conceded at the first mistake playing out, then got too hasty.

“We must have the patience to take it calmly, play as a team and not try to resolve things as individuals.

“We need to work on our solidity, but these two slip-ups will inevitably do us good. This is a strong squad, it has values and gradually they will emerge.”

They claim the Italians “never took Cavani into consideration” with the issue thought to be a financial one.

The striker pockets €9m-a-year in Manchester and the Serie A outfit are in a difficult economic situation.

Cavani made 26 appearances last term for the Red Devils, 13 of those coming as a starter.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri returned this summer for a second spell in the dugout, having previously led the club during a hugely successful period.

He has reportedly been left angered by the club’s transfer activity.

According to Il Giornale, the 54-year-old is “furious” with Juventus President Andrea Agnelli and sporting director Federico Cherubini.

He reportedly told the hierarchy that “these were not the agreements” when he accepted a return to the club.

Allegri has been keen to move on from Ronaldo’s departure and spoke optimistically about the season ahead.

He told DAZN: “Cristiano spent three years at Juventus, he scored goals, which he is very good at, he’s an extraordinary player, but we cannot think about Ronaldo from now on.

Massimiliano Allegri saw Cristiano Ronaldo leave Turin

Massimiliano Allegri saw Cristiano Ronaldo leave Turin

“I have a fine squad, we simply must realise that we can’t just dominate every match. We need to come together and this will help us for the future. I am optimistic, always.”

Allegri also addressed the recent defeat at Empoli, adding: “The lads had started strong, they conceded at the first mistake playing out, then got too hasty.

“We must have the patience to take it calmly, play as a team and not try to resolve things as individuals.

“We need to work on our solidity, but these two slip-ups will inevitably do us good. This is a strong squad, it has values and gradually they will emerge.”

Credit: Mirror.co,uk

You May Also Like

Boxing

The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) issued a memo today stating that they are “not considering applications for any Ghanaian boxers.” This means...

African Cup Of Nations

The Black Stars’ appearance in the 2021 edition will be their 23rd time and they will be keen to end their long awaited drought...

Combat Sports

Malaysia based multi decorated Ghanaian kickboxer, Gerald Dah is in high spirits ahead of his latest fight this Friday after safely landing in Kuala...

Africa Games

The Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has donated GH¢50,000 to the Sports Writers Association of Ghana (SWAG) towards this year’s Awards night scheduled for...