Bayelsa Queens of Nigeria have qualified for the TotalEnergies CAF Women’s Champions League 2022 in Morocco.
They defeated Ghana’s Ampem Darkoa Ladies 3-0 in the final this weekend to win WAFU B Qualifiers’ tournament at the Yamoussoukro Stadium in Côte d’Ivoire.
Miracle Joseph, Flourish Sabatine Choma and Chinyere Igbomalu each found the net to seal the 3-0 win over Ghanaians.
Bayelsa Queens succeed to Ghana’s Hasaacas Ladies who won the title last year by defeating Rivers Angels of Nigeria 3 -1, before ending Runners up of the inaugural edition of the TotalEnergies CAF Women’s Champions League.
TotalEnergies CAF Women’s Champions League 2022 will be played from 31 October to 13 November 2022 in Morocco.
- AS FAR (Morocco): Host Club
- Wadi Degla FC (Egypt): UNAF Champions
- Green Buffaloes (Zambia): COSAFA Champions
- Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies (South Africa): CAF Women’s Champions League title holders and COSAFA runners up
- Determine Girls FC (Liberia): WAFU A Champions
- Simba Queens FC (Tanzania): CECAFA Champions
For the last slot, UNIFFAC representative will be revealed after the conclusion of the zonal tournament set to take place from 10 to 16 September 2022 in Malabo.
The draw for the Central Zone qualifiers will be held on Tuesday 06 September 2022 in Cairo, Egypt.