The official draw for the TotalEnergies CAF Women’s Champions League 2022 will take place on Friday, 09 September 2022 at Mohammed VI Technical Centre in Rabat, Morocco.
The draw will be conducted at 11h30 local time (10h30 GMT).
Eight teams will participate in the tournament scheduled from 31 October 2022 to 13 November 2022 in Morocco, a country which hosted the successful TotalEnergies Women’s Africa Cup of Nations last July.
The participating teams to the TotalEnergies CAF Women’s Champions League have responded to the new CAF Club Licensing criteria and they represent all the six zonal unions. Four teams will discover the finals, namely:
- Green Buffaloes (Zambia): COSAFA Champions
- Determine Girls FC (Liberia): WAFU A Champions
- Simba Queens FC (Tanzania): CECAFA Champions
- Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria): WAFU B Champions
The other qualified teams are:
- AS FAR (Morocco): Host Club
- Wadi Degla FC (Egypt): UNAF Champions
- Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies (South Africa): CAF Women’s Champions League title holders and COSAFA runners up
To complete the number of participants, UNIFFAC representative will be revealed after the conclusion of the zonal tournament set to take place from 10 to 16 September 2022 in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
Credit: CAF Communications Department